Saturday, December 30, 2006

Speed Dating Tips

CrispAds Blog Ads



I had attended numerous sessions of speed dating conducted by Singapore SDU (eg. Mega Dating, Speed dating over lunch/dinner, Horoscope speed dating, Speed dating by the sea...) Normally I get a match of 40% of the total guys available. Not bad hah?

I'll share with you some tips I learn from these experiences :

TIPS :


1. Which Speed Dating event to Choose?

Choose speed dating events that fit your character.

I prefer smaller settings where there are fewer pairs. I found that the best for me is within 10~15 pairs. Even though I still get about the same success rate in bigger settings, I find the quality of time that I had spent is not worth it. When the group is too big, I couldn't remember what the first guy had told me by the time I reach the mid of the event!

And when the group is smaller, most probably there'll be given more chat time per pair. Thus, you'll be able to get to know the other person better.

Remember, the rule of numbers does not apply here if you are seriously looking for a life partner!

But go for the bigger group if you just wanna have fun ;)


2. What to Wear?

For girls, the key in choosing your outfit is to dress attractively without dressing to attract. In other words, your goal is to meet a potential mate, not just attract attention, particularly from the wrong kind of person. A good rule of thumb is to look at yourself in the mirror before leaving and determine if any particular article of clothing or exposed body part could be distracting. If you pass this test, you'll know the people you meet will be able to focus on you, not your clothes or a body part.

Trust me, I did saw one lady who were scantily clad before in one of the events that I had attended. Guess what? When I went on dates later with the guys matched from that particular event, they comments the lady that had dressed too attractively was not their choice. What's the reason? Their reply is they do not want a flirt for a wife!!


3. What to Talk About?

I found that people normally talk about name, occupation, interests,blah blah like they are in interviews looking for jobs. What a bore! After a few encounters like this, I turned the situation around. I wrote down my particulars on a piece of paper and show each new partner at the beginning of the chat. Then I just chat on other stuffs that are more enjoyable (to both of us, of course). Trust me. It WORKS like magic!


4. How to Act?

Rule of the thumb : make yourself as comfortable as possible. If you are not, the other party most probably may sense it as well. People like to date others who have confidence and are comfortable of themselves. Don't try too much to impress. People will know when you are yourself, or when you are trying to impress ;)


5. How to get a second date? (Supposed to be a secret)

Even though we are not supposed to exchange details, but I have came across guys who hinted openly to me looking forward to next date. And sure this does help to add marks to him in the selection stage !

So here's all my trade secrets. Hope you'll try them out and see whether the tips help you in getting more successful matches...Wish You Luck!


Dating Doc (DD)

No comments: